It`s 'Grace, Grace & more Grace' for Darlene Zschech as Chemo Starts - Updated: 2015

Lessons From The Valley - Darlene Zschech - 9/20/15 
 This brilliant message reminds us that there are valuable lessons to be learned in the valleys of our lives, and that we never walk through them alone.



Christian singer-songwriter Darlene Zschech who is 48 years and a wonderful wife, mum and grandmother, says she has started to lose her hair as she begins chemo treatments for breast cancer but she hasn't lost her desire to worship.

Zschech, who announced on her blog (http://www.darlenezschech.com) in December that she has breast cancer, recently finished round two of five chemo treatments.

On her most she shared what she is learning through her battle with cancer and where she finds her strength.

"All I can say is, 'grace, grace and more grace'," she wrote. "I am learning to rest in every promise from Jesus. In fact, it's His Word that is giving me the strength to inhale and exhale, moment by moment."

"To be completely honest, this has been very confronting. It definitely makes me look sicker than I feel. In saying that, I am finding great freedom through this. Mark [her husband] keeps reminding me how much money we'll save over the next while on hairdressers!" Zschech said.

The famed worship leader also said writing has been a great comfort to her during this season. She said she plans to share songs birthed from this trial.

"I have songs and thoughts that I will share with when I am on the other side of this mountain," she shared. "In fact, we are already planning a Thanksgiving service at our church in November, where we will record songs birthed during this season."

"We simply want to fill the place with praise for all that God has done," Zschech wrote.