JESUS’ BLOOD PROTECTS US



By Paul Dinakaran

When we surrender our lives into the hands of God, we find refuge in Him.

The devil tries to tempt us and make us backslide. The Bible says in Psalm 52:1 that every day he boasts, saying: “I will catch hold of him in some way or other, allure him to lust or sink him in some sin.” At that time, what does God do? According to Romans 5:20, He makes His grace abound all the more.

This world is a sinful world. While we are about to fall into sinful ways, when we run into the presence of the Almighty God, He makes His grace increase in us and gives us more strength, saying, “You are My child; you are in My hands; do not worry!”

A great comedian entertained the entire world by his performance; he was so popular. But he was addicted to drinking and a slave to sinful pleasures. One morning, before going out for a shooting, he had a vision. Just as he was sitting before the mirror, he saw as in a film the Almighty God on His throne. At that time, the devil appeared and said, “O God! Do you know what type of man he is? He is mine; he belongs to me.”

Hearing this, the actor trembled in fear, crying: “Alas! The devil is pronouncing my name!” At that moment, the Lord Jesus appeared on the other side. Blood was dripping from His head. His entire dress was strewn with blood. He carried a heavy cross on His shoulder and wore a crown of thorns on His head. He said, “Father! I have shed My blood for him. I have purchased him with My blood. He belongs only to Me.”

Seeing that vision, the heart of the actor was broken. Kneeling down on the spot, he cried, “O God! I don’t want the devil. I will not yield my life to him. You shed Your blood for me. Though I sinned against You, You made Your grace abound in me. Please forgive me. I surrender my life in Your hands!” He surrendered his life fully to God and he was transformed that day.

When we take shelter under the hands of God, He protects us. The devil may attempt to deceive us. But on our forehead is written: “Child of God the Almighty” (John 1:12). Seeing that, the devil flees away. The Bible says in 1 John 1:7, “The blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.” The Lord Jesus shed His blood for us on the Cross. His blood cleanses us and protects us. The devil cannot touch us. Through the blood of the Lord Jesus, we are forgiven and we become His children.