Miracle working God



By Smith Wigglesworth

God is pleased when we stand on the Rock and believe that He is unchangeable. If you will dare to believe God, you can defy all the powers of evil. There have been times in my experience when I have dared to believe Him and have had the most remarkable experiences.

One day I was traveling in a railway coach, and there were two people in the coach who were very sick, a mother and her daughter. I said to them, “Look, I’ve something in the bag that will cure every case in the world. It has never been known to fail.”

They became very much interested, and I went on to tell them more and more about this remedy that had never failed to remove disease and sickness. At last they summoned up the courage to ask for a dose. So I opened my bag, took out my Bible and read them the verse that says, “I am the Lord who heals you” (Exod. 15:26).

God’s Word never fails. He will always heal you if you dare to believe Him. Men are searching everywhere today for things with which they can heal themselves, and they ignore the fact that the Balm of Gilead (Jer. 8:22) is within easy reach.

As I talked about this wonderful Physician, the faith of both mother and daughter went out toward Him, and He healed them both right in the train.

God has made His Word so precious that if I could not get another copy of it, I would not part with my Bible for all the world. There is life in the Word. There is power in it. I find Christ in it, and He is the One I need for spirit, soul, and body. It tells me of the power of His name and the power of His blood for cleansing. “The young lions lack and suffer hunger, but those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing” (Ps. 34:10).1