ASK IN THE NAME OF JESUS



By Paul Dhinakaran

Dearly beloved,

May the Lord Jesus bless you abundantly this month. The name ‘Jesus’ is the name of our loving Father. He is the Giver of all blessings.

Nearly 8 years ago, when I was driving my car, suddenly a policeman stopped my car and said, “Brother, go and see the Inspector who is there.” I got down from my car and went near the Inspector. He was writing something. Turning to me, he asked, “Why do you drive so fast?” I kept quiet.

He then asked, “Where do you come from?” Wondering what to say I said, “Sir, I am Brother Dhinakaran’s son.” That was all. He said immediately, “Why didn’t you say this earlier? I have booked a complaint. But it doesn’t matter. Is Brother in good health? Hereafter, do not cross the speed limit.” My father’s name saved me in that situation.

But we have a heavenly Father. He is Jesus. Whatever we ask in His name, He gives us, and delivers us from all sorrow. Apostle Paul says in Galatians 2:20, “He loved me and gave Himself for me.”

What does the Bible say about the Lord Jesus who experienced our sufferings in His life and upon the Cross, died and rose again? It says, “At the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth” (Philippians 2:10). That is why He says, “My children, do not worry. Ask whatever you want. I will give it to you.”

In Mark 16:17,18, the Lord Jesus says: “And these signs will accompany those who believe: In My name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well." It is a great comfort for us that the name ‘Jesus’ has so much power and authority. When His name is within us, it brings us comfort along with it. When the name of Jesus is in our hearts, we overcome all kinds of sorrows. Amen!

The Lord Jesus has promised, “You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it” (John 14:14). According to this verse, He will certainly fulfill all the requests that you present before Him in His wonderful name. You only need to trust in His goodness.