GOD GIVES COMFORT



By Stella Dhinakaran

The Bible says that we are the temple of the Lord (I Corinthians 3:16; 6:19). Hence give the first place to God in everything and seek His presence always.

The Lord says, “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go” (Psalm 32:8). He gives us His counsel. He Himself will guide us continually and satisfy us with His goodness. He will wipe away all our tears. He alone has the ability to change our life into spring of water.

Dearly beloved, let us, first of all, place the sacrificial life of our Lord Jesus as our model. Next, let us read how the tears of the people of God in the Bible were removed by His grace and mercy and how they were strengthened, and let us change ourselves as the ones who are united with the Lord. Only then our life will become a spring of water. All our tears will vanish. The Lord’s strength, firm belief and faith will fill us and guide us. This will pave way for us to live a victorious life in Christ even in the midst of tears.

In my life too, many were the times when I had to shed tears. I too have faced wants, losses, sicknesses, shadow of death, despise, ridicule, discarded state, loneliness etc., Yet as the Bible says, in all these things I am more than a conqueror through Him who loved me (Romans 8:37).

Dearly beloved, will you get filled with the strength of the Lord and honour Him by being testimonies for Him, doing good works? The Psalmist says, “When anxiety was great within me, Your consolation brought joy to my soul” (Psalm 94:19). Accordingly, when you are burdened with worries concerning your life, God will restore comfort to you and refresh you. You will find delight in the Almighty.