GOD'S LOVE TRANSFORMS YOU!



”The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.”    (I John 2:17)

 By Paul Dhinakaran

My dearly Beloved

How often do we get caught in the snares of worldly pleasures that we find so difficult to shrug off later? It binds our minds like a vicious grip. No matter how hard you try to break off the worldly ties, it follows you like the Anaconda. However, there is a way out, my beloved. You can be set free from all the worldly desires completely.

The answer is right here for you in the Bible verse of Romans 5:5 which says, ”The love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us”. The downpour of God’s love into our hearts, transforms us from the inside out. Your love for God will be so deep and profound that no matter what grief or weakness may come your way, you stay completely rooted in the Lord. No storm or wind can move you, and you become a strong rock like the Lord Jesus.

Citing an instance in my life, let me tell you how the Lord’s love transformed me totally. When I was a young man, and a first year B.Sc. student of Loyola College, my heart was far away from the Lord. But towards the end of the first year, God metamorphosed me into His child. The following year, when the time to go back to same college came, I was afraid my old company of friends would drag me back into the same old vices. I implored to the Lord to help me to remain as His child. In answer to my cry, the Lord filled my heart with His Holy Spirit who strengthened me. Every morning, when I rode to the college on my bicycle, many desires in the form of the lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh, and pride of life (I John 2: 16) would assail me. I would cry out to the Lord again, and He would fill me with the Holy Spirit. The comforting thought that I was no more the worldly child of the devil but belonged completely to the Lord would cross my mind and heart. Thus, the Lord became my shield and kept me holy. He enabled me to shine in the sight of all as His child in the same college. He helped me to excel in my studies and honored me as well.

Dear ones, when we go to college or work, because of the lusts which emerge within us, many kinds of temptations, distresses, tribulations and travails torment us. Yet in all these things, we are more than conquerors through Him who loves us. Remember beloved, nothing shall separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:37-39). 1 John 4:4 says, "He who is in you is greater than He who is in the world." He is the One who conquered temptations and crushed Satan under His feet (Romans 16:20) for you. His immense love fills you with His grace to cling to Him and say, "I belong to God." The result, victory and honor come seeking you, what’s more "Whoever assembles against you shall fall for your sake" (Isaiah 54:15), and will bow down before you. You’ll receive double for your trouble.

Prayer:

Heavenly Father in the name of Jesus, thank You for Your wonderful love. I ask you to cleanse me with Your blood and uproot everything of the world within me completely. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit and lead me in Your holy and righteous way. Make me Your child forever. Let Your perfect will be done in my life. Mould me, break me, and transform me that I may follow You all the days of my life. O shepherd of my soul, I give You full control. Take me and use me for Your glory. Bless You Lord!

In Jesus name

Amen!