Strength in hard times!



 Stella Dhinakaran



He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. (Isaiah 40:29)

Beloved, when problems assail us, even the mightiest man on earth will become weak and crumble. The spirit of man becomes lean and he succumbs to the pressures of problems he faces. The key to receive strength in your spirit is to wait on the Lord and act in His time.

The Bible says, “He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength” (Isaiah 40:29).

The Bible speaks about Job, a devout man of God who was the greatest person of the East (Job 1:1-3). The Lord tested him and he lost all his possessions and ten children in a day. He refused to turn against God when such a catastrophe befell him but said, “I will trust Him” (Job 13:15). When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold” (Job 23:10). The Lord found him to be faithful and He turned the captivity of Job restoring his losses and gave him twice as much as he had before (Job 42:1).

In another instance from the Bible David and his men were away from the city of Ziklag, when their enemy, the Amalekites, took away the women and children as captive and set the city on fire. When David and his men returned, they were shocked to see how the Amalekites ruined their city and their families. They wept until they thad no strength to weep. David became greatly distressed when he heard his men speaking of stoning him. Nevertheless, David strengthened himself in the Lord and God told him to pursue the Amalekites. David obeyed the Lord and he with his men recovered all that he had lost-nothing of theirs was lacking, either small or great, sons or daughters, spoil or anything which they had taken from them (1 Samuel 30:1-20).

In my life, my husband was affected with a lung disease and was bedridden in 1969. The doctor, who tested him said, "He would die within a month; yet the Lord whom you serve will not let you down.” I was encouraged a little by these words. I ran to the presence of the Lord and began to pray fervently. He heard my prayer and did a miracle. Apart from healing my husband, He also made the “Jesus Calls” Gospel Ministry to spread worldwide.

Yes, I strengthened myself in the Lord in my hard times and the Lord gave me victory over the crisis. The Lord who gave strength to those who waited on Him and gave them victory, will also do the same to you and reward you with blessings in the end.